The Marriage Bureau is found in the Moultrie Courthouse, JM 690.
Other duties regarding the Marriage Bureau include the immediate following:
- Filing, docketing, and register maintenance of all of the District of Columbia wedding documents from 1811 to the current, and assisting the general public within their review
- Responding to questions regarding wedding permit application procedures
- Assisting people in the general public who wish to correct a wedding record
You might submit an application for a wedding permit in 2 means:
- Go to the Marriage Bureau (place JM-690; Moultrie Courthouse) and complete a paper application: Marriage License Application.
- Submit the program online (and look at the Courthouse to exhibit evidence of ID, make payment, and pick up permit).
In every circumstances, you need to show proof age both for events through among the documents that are following
- US legitimate driver’s license,
- Government-issued ID that is non-driver’s
The minimal age for wedding within the District of Columbia is 18 years, or 16 years using the permission of the moms and dad or guardian.
The wedding permit application cost is $45.00 (this charge would be waived in the event that applicant’s’ original DC Domestic Partnership certification and it is presented during the time of application). All costs should be compensated in credit or cash card (if face-to-face) or by check or cash order (made payable to: “Clerk, DC Superior Court”).
The wedding permit could be released the exact same day you apply, if all required info is contained in the application, along with officiant title (if appropriate), re payment, and proof age papers. Continue reading “The Marriage Bureau problems wedding licenses and certified copies, and authorizes spiritual and civil celebrants to do weddings into the District of Columbia”